Week to Week

Sunday, April 15, 2007

April 15th. Countdown Continues

This week has had a few things happening here in Stonewall. Had my first French lesson at the University of Winnipeg, which was pretty basic (numbers, alphabet, salutations) but should pick up complexity in the next few weeks. It was a very comfortable first lesson, which means I am far from being over my head.

I was able to find some gaming people this week as well! We played a fairly simple game called Trans-America where you build railroads across the States, trying to connect your five colour-coded cities. There isn't a lot of chance to screw your neighbour over with your actions (not that I would), but it does require a bit of thinking in order to get to where you're going without giving your opponent the advantage. Fun game. And I lost. But still fun.

I became a member of the Royal Canadian Legion! I found the community service values of the Legion to be the reason for joining moreso than the military service reasons, but it takes all types to serve the country.

AND, I got flowers the other day. How special is that!


In other news, I have 6 days till I am in BC, and 66 days until I am finished this project. Huzzah!

1 Comments:

At 4/18/2007 8:52 PM, Blogger neuba said...

As if....you would totally screw over your neighbour.

Apparently, still bitter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home